Wonderful foilage, foreground, taken on 11 November 2012.
The spectacular church itself, background, was moved, yes moved and rebuilt, from Wells Street in Marylebone (originally built 1847) to Kingsbury in 1933. A fine description appears here. Excerpt:
- The new church of ST. ANDREW was originally built by S. W. Dawkes and Hamilton in 1847 and moved to Kingsbury by W. A. Forsyth in 1933. One of the earliest neo-Gothic churches, it is built of limestone rubble with freestone dressings in the Somerset Perpendicular style and consists of aisled and clerestoried nave incorporating the chancel, south porch, and north-west tower and spire.